- • India will spend $1 trillion on infrastructure in the next five years of which 50% needs to be contributed from the private sector. Roads, railways, ports and powers are given strategic importance by government support..
- • The construction boom in India will increase floor space from 8billion sq m in 2005 to 41 billion sq m by 2030.
- • India has 110 ‘certified green buildings’ and is ranked fourth after US, Australia and Canada in amount of green floor area under construction.
- • Half of India’s population, or over 550 million is under the age of 25 which has fuelled demand for consumer goods. Regional growth in India has also been driven by more local demand less reliance on exports.
- • By 2025, India will have 25% of the global workforce with the average age which constitutes about 600 million people.